Remote Team Leader, Revenue Management
This position is responsible for providing leadership and subject matter expertise in timely and accurate billing and re-billing, follow up on active accounts receivable, and/or the favorable resolution of denials and underpayments. The revenue cycle associate leads reports to the central business office manager and/or director.
- Independently manage and monitor daily work related to resolution of third-party payer accounts receivable follow-up, billing and re-billing and favorable resolution of denials and underpayments.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding specific payors to revenue cycle associates and others throughout the CBO in accounts receivable follow-up, billing, denials and/or underpayments.
- Assist in supervising the daily operations of a payor or other operational team.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures.
- Identify and work with management to resolve problems in CBO processes and when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems.
- Assist in establishing long and short term unit goals and objectives to support department and corporate strategic plan.
- Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 2 years minimum experience in hospital billing with specific payor(s) subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise teams or groups of colleagues.
- Experience with patient accounting systems, billing/claim submission software required. Specific XClaim and/or Meditech experience a plus.
- Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
- Highly detail oriented and well organized; ability to multitask.
Education and Experience
- Education: Associate’s Degree required.
- Experience (Type & Length): At least 2 years’ related experience.
- Software/Hardware: MS Office suite.