Reimbursement Analyst - 8:00am-4:30pm
This position calculates net revenue and prepares analyses and cost reports which are issued to external parties such as third party government payors and auditors and to internal customers such as hospital and divisional VPF's/CFO. The Reimbursement Analyst prepares Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, prepares and submits all quarterly government filings, participates in Medicare audits and the Steward year-end financial audits, monitors and communicates reimbursement regulations and changes to the Reimbursement Director, and prepares other analysis that assists the organization in areas impacted by reimbursement.
* Prepare third party cost reports. (Medicare, Medicaid, Other State Specific Filings).
* Prepare and submit regulatory filings such as Medicare wage index, Medicare occupational mix, and State required quarterly and annual filings.
* Prepare month end contractual and bad debt reserve analysis and entries. Includes the ability to analyze rate and volume variances, case mix index impact and payor mix impact. It is expected that employee can seek direction and assistance from the Sr. Reimbursement Analyst or the Reimbursement Director.
* Prepare the annual net revenue budget in Axiom
* Perform month end, quarter end and year end account reconciliations, reimbursement analysis and journal entries to keep the financial statements stated properly and in accordance with GAAP and applicable Medicare and other third party regulations.
* Perform ad-hoc reimbursement and other analyses at the request of the Reimbursement Director. The analyses can be related to net revenue, cost reports or to new and/or proposed regulations that may impact the revenues of the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* General understanding of reimbursement methodology by third party payors and cost report preparation process.
* Expected to demonstrate business acumen on a consistent basis as well as demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills. The employee is expected to demonstrate above average verbal and written skills.
* Must have strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple deadlines and consistently provide high quality results.
* Employee is expected to be familiar with Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
* Employee is expected to have good understanding of financial statements and accounting principles, accounting systems, net revenue systems such as the nThrive Contract Management and Rapid Reserves modules, and other relevant financial systems.
* Ability to work independently with some guidance.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience: 3+ years in an Accounting or Finance position, preferably in the health care industry.
Software/Hardware: Proficient in Microsoft Office products and Accounting systems
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100024853