Registered Vascular Tech EX
Under the general direction of the Division Manager, Technical Director and Medical Director, performs all required ultrasound and clinical evaluations at a technical level requiring limited supervision. The RVT maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field of vascular disease and new procedures, as they evolve. Assumes responsibility for efficiency and quality of work of designated areas or procedures as required.
Location: Brighton, MA
Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, Day Shift
Competitive Pay and Comprehensive Benefits!
- Reviews charts, selects appropriate equipment and transducer setting for tests ordered.
- Interviews patients, obtains necessary information, explains procedures, allays apprehensions and positions patient appropriately.
- Coordinates work schedule with supervisor and front desk to assure workload coverage
- Responsible for the safety, mental and physical comfort of the patient while in the technologist's care
- Views screen, detects pathology/other factors (p/u, change of shape, etc.). Use cognitive sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomical, pathological and diagnostic images.
- Maintains daily log of patients seen / completes exam billing forms
- Records and files study results. Provides preliminary interpretation on worksheets in daily log book and conveys preliminary interpretation to requesting physician. Enters data, images and impression into vascular database.
- May be involved in the submission of charges for both professional and facility (and other relevant information) to billing vendor to assure timely submission of claims to maximize third-party reimbursement.
- Assist with the maintenance of laboratory accreditation via ICAVL and JCOH
- May train, orient, direct work of other and demonstrate procedures.
- Performs routine clerical duties, answers phones, schedules patients, orders supplies, distributes results, keeps work area clean, and makes entries in computer.
- Keeps current with new techniques, equipment, through journals and outside educational activities.
- Recognizes unusual conditions in operating equipment and makes arrangements for repair.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work areas & maintains adequate supplies
- Must be Registered Vascular Technologist (R.V.T.), with 3+ years’ experience. Previous experience with vascular surgery patient population is required.
- Work requires level of knowledge of anatomy and physiology generally acquired through two years post-high school education in an allied health science, such as nursing or radiologic technology.
- Work requires knowledge of ultrasound techniques and procedures, and familiarity with equipment, generally acquired through formal ultrasound training program, usually lasting 12 months didactic and 12 months clinical.
- Must have analytical necessary to effectively detect pathologies through understanding of physiological cause and effect of diseases.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to explain procedures to patients and alleviate apprehensions, and to relay information to physicians.
- Must be able to stand and walk majority of work time up to 80-90%, push stretchers, lift and position patients.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills
Medical, Dental, Vison, 401k, Paid time off, Sick time, ect.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Salary Range: $35.00-$50.00