Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with an organization that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates seeks an enthusiastic, professional
Registered Nurse – Infusion Room with a helpful mindset, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment! The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing general nursing care to patients; administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Maintaining exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observing, recording and reporting patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed. Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greeting patients and preparing them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriation information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests; triage patients appropriately.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Responds to/refers patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications, treatment instructions and test results per provider instructions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred.
- Valid Massachusetts RN license is required
- One to two years’ experience in related practice preferred.
- CPR certified.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medications and their effect on patients. Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques, administration of a variety of treatments and medications as directed. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing/maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to establish /maintain a safe work environment. Ability to communicate clearly. Ability to work effectively as team members with physicians and other staff. Ability to appropriately interact with patients, families, staff and others. Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient south coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 78651