Registered Nurse RN
responsible for providing professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and physicians.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed. Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriation information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. Ability to triage patients appropriately.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Responds to/refers patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications, treatment instructions and test results as per provider instructions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid registration as an RN, BSN preferred, in the State of Massachusetts.
- One to two years experience in medical/surgical nursing and/or area of specialty preferred.
- CPR certified.
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.