Registered Nurse RN
The role of the Registered Nurse (RN) is to provide outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers while providing exceptional care to patients and customers within the clinical scope of an RN. The RN ensures that patients are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner and sees that their needs and expectations are met. RN's are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
- Coordinates with clinic staff to ensure a positive patient flow and waiting room experience
- Assists with front and back office duties
- Prepares patients to be seen by physicians
- Collects vital signs and testing as required by the healthcare provider
- Assists provider with collection, documentation, processing, and verification of information related to patient care
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and manages visit expectations
- Performs diagnostic tests and processes and enters results
- Communicates patient concerns and needs to the healthcare provider
- Timely responses to patient inquiries and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Completes documentation of patient interactions
- Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages and under the direction of licensed staff, schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests
- Instructs MA’s to assist with patient needs and follow-up phone calls as needed
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and compiling department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes
- Facilitates timely closing of clinic and follows closing procedures
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
- This position requires verifiable successful completion of an accredited Registered Nurse program
- Current RN license for the State of Utah
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Must be able to flex schedule in accordance with patient and provider schedules
- Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
- One or more years’ experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- with company match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
- CPR/FA Certification
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.