Regional Vice President, Human Resources
The Regional Vice President of Human Resources provides overall strategic Human Resources leadership for Revenue Cycle & Central Business Office staff in multiple states/locations across all of Steward Health Care. This position is responsible for the oversight of recruitment, retention, compensation, benefits, employee relations, talent management/development, performance management, and occupational health in accordance with the policies and practices of Steward. The Regional VP of HR will leverage knowledge of HR content and best practices to assure thorough alignment of HR and leadership strategy. The ideal candidate will be a hand-on experienced leader experienced in delivering comprehensive human resources programs, initiatives, and solutions to effectively support business operations and objectives.
This position reports to market leadership and the Executive Vice President of Human Resources.
- Translates the division strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Acts as a hand-on HR leader and business partner to drive change and enable strategic business goals for the division.
- Consults with and advises leadership and management staff on HR issues including employee and labor relations, compliance, training, performance management, leadership development, compensation administration, talent acquisition, policies and procedures, conflict resolution, and terminations.
- Partners with operations leaders and facility HR to make appropriate employee related decisions which are balanced, consistent and aligned with our values and culture.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the human resource function and performance for Revenue Cycle & CBO staff.
- Supervises and develops HR direct reports.
- Works with leadership and to develop/modify strategies and programs to more effectively meet business needs and align with the culture.
- Acts as a culture and change steward. Recognizes, articulates, and helps shape the culture of the division/region.
- Provides guidance, coaching and support for escalated employee relations matters.
- Partners with Corporate HR to implement programs, solutions, and procedures.
- Acts as employee engagement and relations lead regarding broader HR implications with respect to employee matters.
- Assumes responsibility for successfully complying with all federal, state and local employment laws; regulatory requirements, including Joint Commission and DNV; Department of Labor; EEOC; ADA, immigration legislation, affirmative action goals and HR policies.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with management executives, department heads, mid- and lower level management, union officials and other bargaining unit representatives, employees, representatives from community/regulatory agencies, and members of the general public.
- Advises management on employee relations and performance management issues, acting as trusted advisor, support and HR coach.
- Proactively obtains, interprets, and presents metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions on performance, attrition, hiring, vacancies, employment engagement, and other data, as applicable.
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KEY COMPETENCIES AND EXPEREINCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Forward thinker with ability to strategically plan, organize, implement, evaluate, and prioritize multiple initiatives and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to recognize business trends and their impact on the business, to forecast potential opportunities and obstacles to success, and to facilitate the process of gaining strategic clarity and implementing action plans.
- Strong knowledge of revenue cycle and business center business environment.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local legislation relating to Human Resources, i.e. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Ability to communicate professionally with leadership and employees on all levels.
- Displays adaptability: Comfort working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment; flexible in response to changing employee needs; maintain professionalism and composure under pressure.
- Strong decision-making skills with an above average business acumen and the ability to operate as a business partner.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor's degree required in Human Resources, Business, Education, or closely related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of broad HR experience required with a minimum of 3-5 years of management experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in a senior HR role supporting revenue cycle staff in a multi-state environment required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Steward Health Care is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.