Regional Senior Director Human Resources
The Regional Senior Director of Human Resources provides overall strategic Human Resources leadership for the assigned region in accordance with the policies and practices of Steward Healthcare. This position is responsible for the oversight of human resources management for the Arizona market to include but not limited to compliance, recruitment, retention, compensation, benefits, employee relations, talent management/development, performance management, employee health and occupational health. The Regional Senior Director of Human Resources will leverage personal knowledge of HR content and best practices to assure thorough alignment of HR and leadership strategy. The Regional Senior Director of Human Resources will also deliver comprehensive human resources programs, initiatives, and solutions in support of increased organizational performance. This position reports to market leadership and the Executive Vice President of Human Resources.
- Translates the division/region’s strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Acts as a hand-on HR leader and business partner to drive change and enable strategic business goals for the division.
- Consults with and advises leadership and management staff on HR issues including employee and labor relations, compliance, training, performance management, leadership development, compensation administration, talent acquisition, policies and procedures, conflict resolution, and terminations.
- A credible activist and key business partner to all division/region leadership and management regarding strategic, cultural, and operational talent investments.
- Partners with operations leaders and facility HR to make appropriate employee related decisions which are balanced, consistent and aligned with our values and culture.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the market’s human resource function and performance.
- Supervises, supports, and develops Human Resources staff at each facility.
- Works with market leadership and HR Directors to develop/modify strategies and programs to more effectively meet business needs and align with the culture.
- Acts as a culture and change steward. Recognizes, articulates, and helps shape the culture of the division/region.
- Provides guidance, coaching and support for escalated employee relations matters.
- Partners with Corporate HR to implement programs, solutions, and procedures. Liaison between local HR groups and Corporate HR to ensure alignment and two way communication for programs, policies, compliance, and initiatives.
- Acts as employee engagement and relations lead regarding broader HR implications with respect to employee matters.
- Develops and implements appropriate staffing strategies to identify talent within and outside the organization.
- Analyzes relevant market factors, including compensation packages, shift differential and sign on bonuses to ensure market is competitive.
- Assumes responsibility for successfully complying with all federal, state and local employment laws; regulatory requirements, including Joint Commission and DNV; Department of Labor; EEOC; ADA, immigration legislation, affirmative action goals and HR policies.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with management executives, department heads, mid- and lower level management, union officials and other bargaining unit representatives, employees, representatives from community/regulatory agencies, and members of the general public.
- Advises management on employee relations and performance management issues, acting as trusted advisor, support and HR coach.
- Proactively obtains, interprets, and presents metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions on performance, attrition, hiring, vacancies, employment engagement, and other data, as applicable.
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management.
- Develops and implements division/regional Labor strategies, support contract negotiations, escalated grievance investigations, etc., as applicable.
- Work in concert with facility leadership to provide a safe and secure working environment and maintain compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KEY COMPETENCIES AND EXPEREINCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Forward thinker with ability to strategically plan, organize, implement, evaluate, and prioritize multiple initiatives and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to recognize business trends and their impact on the business, to forecast potential opportunities and obstacles to success, and to facilitate the process of gaining strategic clarity and implementing action plans.
- A driven, innovative and resourceful thinker capable of adapting and driving positive, progressive change proactively within the division and HR function.
- Strong knowledge of hospital HR regulatory compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local legislation relating to Human Resources, i.e. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Ability to communicate professionally with leadership and employees on all levels.
- Displays adaptability: Comfort working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment; flexible in response to changing employee needs; maintain professionalism and composure under pressure.
- Strong decision making skills with an above average business acumen and the ability to operate as a business partner.
In addition to having strong HR functional expertise, The Regional Senior Director of Human Resources must be a collaborative leader with exceptional interpersonal, relationship building, coaching, and influencing skills.
- Travel to hospitals in the region
- Minimize potential liabilities and risks
- Successful HR program administration (as measured by feedback, participation, behavior change, etc.)
- Satisfactory results for internal and external audits
- Regulatory compliance
- Adherence to budget
- Adherence to the mission and philospohy of the Steward Health Care in decision making and daily activities
- Be a leader that embody Steward's core values
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Education: Bachelors degree required in Human Resources, Business, Education, or closely related field
- Experience (Type & Length):
- 7-10 years of broad HR experience required with a minimum of 3-5 years of management experience
- Experience as a Human Resources Director in a multi-site healthcare environment strongly preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: SPHR/PHR preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 14571