Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Receptionist with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Greet patients and conduct registration functions in a quiet and confidential manner
- Telephone triage and schedule appointments, depending upon location
- Collect co-pays, deductibles and other related payments
- Provide new patients with registration form and sets up electronic and hard copy charts
- Verify patient demographics and insurance information at each visit
- Check referrals and obtain required authorization, eligibility verification and confirm registration information
- Prepare billing packets
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior front-desk experience especially within a medical clinic/setting is strongly preferred
- Experience managing a multi-line phone system, experience with computer systems and the ability to type, strong understanding of medical terminology, understanding of different insurance plans and referral procedures preferred
- Must be flexible, customer/patient focused, possess a positive attitude, strong learning aptitude and the ability to work well both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual communication skills are a plus.
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130346