Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Receptionist with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment.
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Greet patients and conduct registration functions in a quiet and confidential manner
- Telephone triage and schedule appointments, depending upon location
- Collect co-pays, deductibles and other related payments
- Provide new patients with registration form and sets up electronic and hard copy charts
- Verify patient demographics and insurance information at each visit
- Check referrals and obtain required authorization, eligibility verification and confirm registration information
- Prepare billing packets
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior front-desk experience especially within a medical clinic/setting is strongly preferred
- Experience managing a multi-line phone system, experience with computer systems and the ability to type, strong understanding of medical terminology, understanding of different insurance plans and referral procedures preferred
- Must be flexible, customer/patient focused, possess a positive attitude, strong learning aptitude and the ability to work well both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual communication skills are a plus.
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.