Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
We are currently seeking a Receptionist to represent the clinic in a positive and professional manner to all of our patients and visitors. In this position, you'll enjoy working with a positive and energetic team of medical providers to provide quality and efficient patient care. The Receptionist will provide assistance to patients through scheduling and registration as well as assisting with general questions and concerns prior to their appointment.
- Provide high quality customer support to patients and visitors
- Answer all phones calls and transfer inquiries to appropriate staff when necessary
- Schedule, cancel and register patient appointments both over the phone and in person
- Prepare for patients' appointments by placing reminder calls and compiling charts with required information
- Communicate and collaborate with medical staff to resolve patient and pharmacy inquiries
- Verify patient demographic and insurance information before appointment to ensure billing accuracy
- Communicate to patients the pre-appointment paperwork
- Organize, order and maintain office supplies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Dependable, organized, detail oriented and professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team Centered Approach
- Customer care focus
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in a direct customer support role
- Ability to multitask
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Medical Reception: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.