As an X-Ray Technologist you will perform a wide variety of Radiographic procedures which require use of independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative.
Performs a wide variety of Radiographic procedures which require use of independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative
- Following departmental guidelines, selects type and number of films to provide diagnostic information required. May choose to digress from established routine under special circumstances depending upon clinical condition of patient.
- Prepares and positions patients relative to diagnostic equipment. Performs radiographic examinations with a high degree of accuracy, minimizing repeat digital films.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of working area.
- Maintains flow of patients through area and quality of films under the direct supervision of the Technical manager.
- Demonstrates knowledgeable operation of radiographic equipment with proper care given to radiation safety including collimation, shielding, and proper identification of digital films.
- Maintains proper professional demeanor to patients, medical staff, and patients.
- Performs all necessary functions to ensure effective patient care including clerical and transport/duties.
- Assists Technical Manager in daily processor/ digital film sensitometry.
- Completes all patient tracking functions to ensure proper and accurate billing, report transcription, and digital film retrieval.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Successful completion of approved Radiologic Technology program
- Level of knowledge associated with completion of Radiologic Technology program.
- Associates degree in Radiologic Technology.
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with Radiology clients.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to satisfactorily explain examination process to patients.
- Certification/Licensure: Possess a valid State license or temporary license and ARRT certification or eligible with one year to obtain.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.