Radiology Technologist will work with multiple providers at Steward Medical Group's Orthopedics and Sports Medicine clinic's. This full-time Rad Tech will work 2 days in the Salt Lake City location and 3 days in the Sandy location. The Radiology technician will perform diagnostic procedures associate with orthopedics including hand, wrist and total joint imaging, some reception and clerical duties are also included in the position.
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to use computer system.
- Completes all work before assignments in a timely manner
- Performs all quality control checks, as prescribed.
- Maintains accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
- Performs highest quality imaging consistent with prescribed examination; documents and deviation.
- Adheres to departmental protocols.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Understands and practices proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer's instruction.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Must be acquainted with local fire and safety regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of practice policies
- Demonstrates competency in utilizing department equipment. Can locate images in system and assists others in finding patients in system. Burns patient CD’s and prints patient films upon request.
- Properly enters patient demographic, accession, and exam information into computer system, with minimal errors.
- Completes a contrast exam checklist prior to exam. Records patient contrast administration information on contrast usage forms.
- Properly files paperwork in accordance with departmental policy.
- Cleans and stocks work area after every shift. Adheres to and maintains appropriate patient confidentiality.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Completion of AMA accredited radiology program
- One (1) year experience working as a Radiology Technician
- Maintains certification with ARRT
- BLS certification
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Health Care Systems
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.