Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Radiology Assistant to assist preparing patients for various radiological examinations and tests,
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Under the guidance of a physician or Registered Radiologic Technologist, assists in the preparation of the patient, x-ray room and supplies; ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and that all supplies are readily available for the physician and/or technologist.
- Process films by automatic processing; properly identifies films with patients I.D.
- Prepare paperwork as necessary including appropriate billing documentation and assures proper physician order has been obtained.
- Provide radiation protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards; screen all patients as appropriate for possibility of pregnancy.
- Maintain a clean work area, prepare the equipment, patient room, and stock supplies; informs appropriate personnel when orders need to be placed.
- Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement projects as well as utilizing appropriate cost containment measures.
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations, as they become necessary.
- Check patient appointments and obtain patient reports from Meditech as well as the Radiology Information System (RIMS).
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam.
- Participate in educational programs pertinent to the job. Attend staff meetings and in service education programs.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience working with patients in a patient care environment.
- CPR Certification.
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress.
- Must possess analytical abilities necessary to acquire and effectively utilize knowledge of fluoroscopy processes and procedures, and general anatomy.
- Presents a positive attitude and a professional appearance.
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.