Rad Techno I
Performs a wide variety of Radiographic procedures which require use of independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative.
- Following departmental guidelines, selects type and number of films to provide diagnostic information required. May choose to digress from established routine under special circumstances depending upon clinical condition of patient.
- Prepares and positions patients relative to diagnostic equipment. Performs radiographic examinations with a high degree of accuracy, minimizing repeat films.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of working area.
- Maintains flow of patients through area and quality of films under the direct supervision of the Technical manager.
- Demonstrates knowledgeable operation of radiographic equipment with proper care given to radiation safety including collimation, shielding, and proper identification of films.
- Maintains proper professional demeanor to patients, medical staff, and patients.
- Performs all necessary functions to ensure effective patient care including clerical and transport/duties.
- Assists Technical Manager in daily processor/film sensitometry.
- Completes all patient tracking functions to ensure proper and accurate billing, report transcription, and film retrieval.
Required Skills and Education
Successful completion of approved Radiologic Technology program
Level of knowledge associated with completion of Radiologic Technology program.
Associates degree in Radiologic Technology.
Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with Radiology clients.
Interpersonal skills sufficient to satisfactorily explain examination process to patients.
Certification/Licensure: Possess a valid State license or temporary license and ARRT certification or eligible with one year to obtain.