This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Practice Operations for the SEMC PCP/OB Market of SMG in the area of Quality and Market Retention.
- The Quality Coordinator is a resource for Practice Managers.
- Participates in the Monthly Staff Networking Meetings and all other meetings as requested by the Director of Operations. .
- Assists the Director of Practice Operations and Practice Managers with ad-hoc reports on operations.
- Assists with processing all necessary documentation related to Quality and Retention.
- Must be able to work independently and problem solve with little supervision.
- Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of SMG.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in business concentration or equivalent work experience.
- Two to four years of health-care operations experience, preferably in a large group practice.
- Ability to work independently, analyze operational issues and to problem-solve in creative and effective ways.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience preferred (i.e., Excel, Word).
- Strong operational skills required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 52859