Quality Assurance Engineer - 8:00am-4:30pm
IS Admin Systems
IS Admin Systems
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for the developing, executing, and maintaining the automated testing as part of software quality assurance. Assists with the implementation of technology initiatives.
- Tests changes in all software applications to ensure that the desired enhancements, system initiatives, and system configuration changes were successfully implemented without negatively impacting the functionality of the system.
- Develops implements and maintains automation test frameworks to ensure optimal "lights out" execution, flexibility and reuse at all test levels.
- Develops and maintains automated test scripts
- Contributes to the testing efforts of multiple projects from inception to post implementation using Standard Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Creates and implements all quality assurance standards, including, project plans, test strategies, test execution, test management tools, and related documentation.
- Recommends improvements or modifications to applications as a result of testing to ensure the highest quality product.
- Partners with QA Manager to raise technical issues and provide relevant input to ensure the product design will successfully integrate into the existing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent work experience) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interaction with others and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative and matrix environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and lawsMinimum 5-8 years experience in the following:
- Experience in designing and Implementing test automation frameworks
- Experience in automation tools such as HP Quick Test Pro (QTP), Testing Anywhere, or Summit Scripting Tool
- Well versed with testing processes and SDLC methodologies.
- Experience in writing VB Script and SQL
- Experience in trouble-shooting technical issues and working closely with development teams to resolve
- Knowledge of MS Office and test management tools.
- Develop testing deliverables (test plan, defect report, status report, test execution metrics, etc
- Demonstrates understanding of quality assurance as part of the development process.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and prioritization skills as demonstrated by the successful and timely completion of assignments.
Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software application testing
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100014637