Reporting to the Manager of Provider Onboarding/Operations, the Provider Onboarding Specialist is responsible for coordinating the onboarding and reappointment activities for Emergency Medicine, Radiology, Pathology and Hospitalist Medicine providers. This position will work closely with various departments including Provider Enrollment, Human Resources, Practice Management, the Central Verification Office (CVO), outside vendors and the hospital Medical Staff offices.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Coordinate all onboarding and re-appointment tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Interact and communicate effectively with all departments involved in Onboarding.
- As their point of contact, able to communicate clearly with new providers throughout the process to facilitate completion of onboarding paperwork; this may include in person or video meetings with providers as needed and regular updates relative to the status of his/ her applications.
- Manage workload and timelines related to phases of onboarding; prioritize tasks based on a continuous focus on providers’ targeted start dates.
- Builds strong relationships and efficiently communicates with Directors and their Operations teams according to assigned market; keeps Operations updated on progress and initiates provider start date discussions as needed.
- Timely and concise documentation and date stamps within the database, including follow-up performed and current status of each provider throughout the onboarding process; maintains provider data per established process within shared drives and SharePoint.
- Responsible for tracking and facilitating onboarding paperwork including but not limited to malpractice insurance applications, medical staff privileges applications/medical staff application fees and provider enrollment packets.
- Responsible for coordinating updates and communication between provider and Steward Medical Group departments including follow-up communication, collection and distribution of all required documents and forms.
- Identify follow up needed and conducts appropriate timely follow-up investigation and communication.
- Responsible for the communication of critical provider information during onboarding review meetings to ensure efficient onboarding; prepare and forward to attendees the list of providers for review; send action items/follow up to Chiefs and Directors, as needed, after each onboarding review meeting.
- Continuously strives for improvement in processes, share best practices and learning opportunities with-in team; positively adapt to changes in process and workload assignments.
- Participate in other operational duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- One year of provider onboarding or related experience, in a hospital or medical group setting, required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, providers, peers, and support staff.
- Exhibit a high energy level and demonstrate the ability to work as a valuable contributor to the team, with flexibility in work habits to schedule and meet the needs of the Department.
- Ability to multitask, plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel and demonstrated ability to conduct Internet research in an efficient, productive manner.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving and project management abilities.
- Must be a highly motivated candidate with the ability to work independently and in a highly fluid environment.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.