Provider Onboarding Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Provider Onboarding, the Provider Onboarding Specialist is responsible for coordinating the onboarding activities for all new providers. This position will work closely with various departments including Provider Enrollment, Human Resources, Practice Management, the Central Verification Office (CVO) and the hospital Medical Staff offices.
- Meets with providers, either in person or via Skype, to facilitate completion of credentialing paperwork
- Updates and maintains provider onboarding tracking in Salesforce with current status of each provider throughout the onboarding process
- Responsible for uploading, organizing and maintaining the Provider Onboarding Intranet Website including: provider contact information, documents, minutes, onboarding grid and other pertinent documents
- Responsible for coordinating updates and communication between provider and Steward Medical Group departments including follow-up communication, collection and distribution of all required documents and forms
- Regularly communicates with providers to provide updates on the status of his/ her applications
- Identifies follow up needed, and conducts appropriate timely follow-up investigation and communications
- Responsible for tracking and facilitating onboarding paperwork including but not limited to reimbursement process for expenses incurred by physicians for relocation, CME/Professional Expenses, Medical Staff Application fees etc.
- Responsible for the communication of critical provider information during onboarding meeting to insure efficient onboarding and sending action item follow-up emails to Practice Directors after onboarding meetings conclude
- Updates contract tracking grids to indicate when employment and hospital agreements are sent and received
- Participates in other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- One year of provider enrollment or related experience, in a hospital or medical group setting, required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff
- Demonstrates the ability to work as a valuable contributor to the team, with flexibility in work habits to schedule and meet the needs of the Department
- Ability to multitask, plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines
- Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel and demonstrated ability to conduct Internet research in an efficient, productive manner
- Strong analytic and problem-solving and project management abilities
- Must be a highly motivated candidate with the ability to work independently and in an energetic environment
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.