Provider Onboarding Specialist
Reporting to the Manager of Provider Onboarding, the Provider Onboarding Specialist is responsible for coordinating the onboarding activities for all new providers. This position will work closely with various departments including Provider Enrollment, Human Resources, Practice Management, the Central Verification Office (CVO) and the hospital Medical Staff offices.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Meets with providers, either in person or via video, to facilitate completion of onboarding and credentialing paperwork
- Builds strong relationships and efficiently communicates with Practice Directors and their Operations teams according to assigned market
- Responsible for requesting and receiving medical staff office and provider enrollment applications
- Responsible for tracking and facilitating onboarding paperwork including but not limited to HR paperwork, malpractice insurance applications, medical staff privileges applications/medical staff application fees and provider enrollment packets
- Updates and maintains provider onboarding records in Salesforce with progress, date stamps, follow-up performed and current status of each provider throughout the onboarding process
- Responsible for uploading, organizing and maintaining the Provider Onboarding Intranet Website including: provider contact information, documents, onboarding grid and other pertinent documents
- Responsible for coordinating updates and communication between provider and Steward Medical Group departments including follow-up communication, collection and distribution of all required documents and forms
- Regularly communicates with providers relative to the status of his/ her applications
- Identifies follow up needed, and conducts appropriate timely follow-up investigation and communications
- Responsible for the communication of critical provider information during onboarding review meetings to insure efficient onboarding; prepares and forwards to attendees the list of providers for review
- Responsible for sending action item follow-up emails to Practice Directors after each onboarding review meeting
- Participates in other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent amount of education and experience
- One year of provider enrollment or related experience, in a hospital or medical group setting, required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff
- Exhibit a high energy level, and demonstrate the ability to work as a valuable contributor to the team, with flexibility in work habits to schedule and meet the needs of the Department
- Ability to multitask, plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines
- Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel and demonstrated ability to conduct Internet research in an efficient, productive manner
- Strong analytic and problem-solving and project management abilities
- Must be a highly motivated candidate with the ability to work independently and in a highly fluid environment
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.