Provider Enrollment Specialist
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
This Provider Enrollment Specialist is responsible for the timely enrollment of new physicians and on-going maintenance of existing providers. Enrollment includes but is not limited to managed care organizations and government payors such as Medicare, MA Medicaid and out of state Medicaid.
• Responsible for data entry of provider enrollment information into Provider Enrollment Database systems and distribution of information to designated department representatives and credentialing administrators.
• Accountable for all aspects of provider enrollment to ensure provider data is loaded appropriately in all relevant systems the first time. This includes understanding and communicating unique arrangements and ensuring the third party payors accurately credential the provider.
• Accountable for directly entering and updating provider data into the CAQH system.
• Follow-up with managed care organizations to ensure expedient credentialing.
• Accurately perform review of new enrollment files for deficiencies.
• Pursue incomplete information with practice contact or provider.
• Ensure third party payor provider enrollment is done in a timely and accurately in order to receive reimbursement.
• Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of provider and third party payor files within practice management software.
• Ensure that practice, provider and payor related tables are established and properly working.
• Responsible for the on-going maintenance of existing providers including but not limited the submission of maintenance forms to update personal and practice demographic data for providers and billing updates.
• Accountable for submitting termination requests to all health plans in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) CPCS certification a plus.
• 3-5 years of working experience in a healthcare setting is required.
• Knowledge of provider credentialing and/or enrollment required.
• Knowledge of billing processes preferred.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.