Provider Enroll Team Leader
- Accurately complete the enrollment/re-enrollment processes as outlined by each division for all appropriate healthcare providers as identified through department policies and network reimbursement and delegated contracts to ensure timely and continued provider network participation.
- Maintain detailed provider enrollment files in electronic format, including electronically received documents and scanning of hard copy documents, and document each stage of enrollment/re-enrollment process thoroughly.
- Timely and accurately maintain all internal systems with appropriate provider and network participation information. Systems including, but not limited to Athena and Cactus.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with Steward providers and support staff to obtain necessary and timely information to facilitate the provider enrollment/re-enrollment process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with plan representatives in order to facilitate the provider enrollment/re-enrollment processes.
- Responds to, researches, and resolves problems with provider network participation as it relates to denial of services or reimbursement by working closely with all levels of administrative and clinical personnel and network representatives.
- Performs follow up with health plans in order to expedite participation approval by each health plan.
- Responsible for educating providers, administrators, and support staff regarding the enrollment/re-enrollment processes and how it relates to the provider’s ability to provide care to network members in order to increase reimbursements and reduce patient dissatisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with fellow team members to create, evaluate, and maintain department workflows, processes, policies and systems. In addition to training support staff (as needed).
- Responsible for completing analytical functions, special projects and be cross trained on running varies reports from multiple systems.
- Independently manage and monitor daily work related to resolution of payor enrollment follow-up
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures.
- Identify and work with management to resolve problems in provider enrollment processes and when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems.
- Assist in establishing long and short term unit goals and objectives to support department and corporate strategic plan.
- Responsible for distributing work to team members.
- Assist in training newly hired staff.
- Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Education: Associate’s Degree required.
- Experience: At least 1- 2 years’ related experience.
- Software/Hardware: MS Office suite.
- 1-2 years minimum experience in provider enrollment with specific payor(s) subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise teams or groups of colleagues.
- Experience with provider enrollment systems. Specific Cactus and Athena experience a plus.
- Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
- Highly detail oriented and well organized; ability to multitask
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.