The Project Manager will serve as a business partner to both corporate and local leadership teams to manage projects dealing with effective budgeting and planning process, support high-level analyses and facilitate the development and improvement of business processes.
- Project management efforts required to plan, monitor, track and manage the people, time and quality of the work related to the implementation of the project as well as the project budget
- Lead project activities in conjunction with technical managers, users, and management
- Creates project plans that include the required project components including background, scope, goal, roles & responsibilities, measurable objectives, assumptions, issues, and risk assessment
- Leads the project team to define the work breakdown structure of the project, task definition, task dependencies, and time estimates
- Estimate and negotiate resources
- Creates Gantt charts to monitor and track tasks and deliverables
- Communicate project status and issues to project team and management
- Provides necessary cost estimates and/or benefit analysis for systems and projects
- Develop and monitor project budgets
- Escalation of issues impacting the project to the appropriate levels for resolution.
- Manage and resolve conflict in the project environment.
- Effective oral and written communication with all levels of staff (including executives)
- Effectively facilitate meetings at multiple levels of staff
- Create and deliver effective presentations to multiple levels of staff (including executives)
- Manage projects that include multiple systems and multiple functional areas
- Manage multiple large projects concurrently
- Keeps current on new project management strategies and techniques
- May be required to travel in conjunction with the assigned project or training
- Excellent skills in developing strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Experience in negotiating contract terms with potential vendors.
- Superior skills in representing the Steward Health Care professionally (internally and externally)
- Track and resolve processing problems, coordinating with all areas
- Ability to perform system analysis and create business requirements documents and procedures
- Develop test plans, scripts and test bases
- Write or modify procedures for internal use
- Analyze files and do mapping from one system to another
- Assist in implementing new procedures including workflows, manuals and training as required
- Develops, organizes, and conducts necessary training programs for staff
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, Patient Access policies, procedures, and workflows in a hospital environment
- Knowledge of multiple departmental health care areas including Revenue Cycle Operations
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Self-starter and motivated with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time constraints
- Experience working with cross functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to breakdown complex problems into manageable goals
- Expert group facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate across diverse teams
Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
Experience (Type & Length): 5 or more years of direct experience as a project manager in a healthcare setting leading projects with internal and external stakeholders.
Certification/Licensure: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Software/Hardware: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled