Project Manager, Rev Cycle Strategic Ini
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Revenue Cycle, the Project Manager, Revenue Cycle Strategic Initiatives will be accountable for managing multiple concurrent complex projects ensuring they are delivered on-time and within budget. This position will be relied upon to manage operational projects and will assist with the development of work plan and scope, and monitor and control project work to track progress.
- Define and assist in the planning of multiple projects, including: gather and document project requirements, analyze and audit data, research, develop work plans, outline of potential barriers to successful initiation, review and document practices, monitor project performance and control and network with internal and external entities.
- Lead and coordinate multifunctional and multidisciplinary teams to ensure project milestones are completed on-time and will recommend business solutions/alternatives when projects are delayed or exceed budget.
- Use problem solving skills to logically structure ambiguous problems, identify sources of data, conduct analysis, extrapolate key insights and deliver recommendations.
- Where applicable, build and execute change management plans.
- Develop tools and training materials, as required, to support project objectives.
- Assist to identify performance improvement opportunities and areas of application; research best practices, suggest work flow enhancements; develop and implement.
- Support and track the implementation of solutions to enhance revenue cycle performance that will assure consistency, efficiency and accountability; provide feedback, direction, and support.
- Facilitate meetings and presentations as needed.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of company strategic objectives, platform/system enhancements, and any additional changes that may impact the department.
- Prepare correspondence, proposals, service agreements, staffing models, process diagrams, work/process flow charts, executive summaries, and reports pertaining to projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of revenue cycle operations and related business processes
- Persistence to drive complex healthcare revenue cycle projects
- Strong data gathering and manipulation skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (ie. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of education and experience, Master's degree in Healthcare or Business Administration preferred, but not required
- At least 3+ years of healthcare experience, revenue cycle preferred
- At least 2+ years of project management
- Certification(s) in project management a plus
- Experience with athena and Meditech Revenue Cycle products preferred, but not required
- Ability to travel (up to 10%) required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 62802