Project Manager, Practice Optimiza & Dev
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Reporting to the National Senior Director of Practice Operations, this key individual will assist in the development, implementation and oversight of various departmental performance improvement initiatives. Working closely with functional leaders from each of SMG’s departments, the Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development will assist in initiatives related to practice management, practice moves and acquisitions, provider onboarding and marketing, care coordination and service improvement. This key individual will also be charged with identifying operational workflows in need of process improvement and developing solutions to optimize these areas.
In addition to assisting in SMG’s strategic growth initiatives, the Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development will also be tasked with managing SMG’s Intranet site, forms and applications that are built and housed on Steward’s Office 365 client. This key individual will be responsible for working with functional leaders from each of SMG’s departments to ensure that all resources critical to practice operations are easily accessible and regularly updated on the Intranet site.
The Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development must be able to work well on a team and in a fast-paced work environment.
The Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development will be responsible for the following functions:
- Collaborating with SMG’s Leadership Team to design and implement new operational models and structures to reduce costs, improve care quality and enhance service within SMG markets.
- Coordinating and tracking the implementation of strategic growth initiatives relating to Telehealth, Care Coordination, Ancillary Services, Provider Access and Availability, Referral Management and Expense Reduction.
- Maintaining SMG’s Intranet site housed on SharePoint, as well as all department forms built on the Intranet site using Microsoft PowerApps.
- Creating and overseeing the implementation of business applications built using on the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Participate on SMG policy committee as needed to assist in the development and maintenance of SMG’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that key operational resources, such as the Practice Manager Playbook and Acquisition Playbook, are kept updated and readily available to Practice Directors and Managers.
- Analyzing business opportunities, market competition, and vendor ROI for SMG’s Leadership team, and organizing findings in a professional and easily digestible way.
- Providing project management support as Steward expands via virtual and traditional provider practice development. This involves overseeing the day to day management of all assigned projects and ensuring timely and thorough completion.
- Additional duties as assigned
Accountability and reporting:
- The Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development is accountable to and will have regular meetings with the National Senior Director of Practice Operations. During these meetings, the Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development will provide a complete status report of all ongoing projects and initiatives. Ad hoc projects may also be assigned during this time.
- 3-5 years of project management or analytical experience in the field of healthcare. Practice management or operations experience are a plus.
- Knowledge of practice operations, budgeting and financial reporting, medical billing operations and systems required.
- Enhanced communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels within the organization and externally
- Demonstrated capability to bring a disciplined thought process and dynamic problem-solving to business challenges, including the ability to manage and prioritize competing objectives
- Strategic problem solving and advanced quantitative analysis capabilities
- Strong business ethics and values, and the ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced communication skills, with the ability to influence, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels within the organization and externally.
- Demonstrated capability to bring a disciplined thought process and dynamic problem-solving to business challenges, including the ability to manage and prioritize competing objectives.
- Strategic problem solving and advanced quantitative analysis capabilities.
- Proficiency and experience in the Office 365 suite, including Microsoft Word / PowerPoint / Excel / SharePoint. Knowledge of, and past work with Microsoft PowerApps and Power Automate are preferred.
- Experience working with the following systems is preferred: Salesforce & Tableau.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.