Program Manager, Infection Control
The Infection Control Program Manager support the IC Program Director in oversight of hospital operations specific to the prevention, control, documentation and reporting of nosocomial acquired infections and communicable diseases throughout all Steward Health Care Hospitals. The manager will evaluate hospital compliance of practices that are associated with the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections. The Infection Control Program Manager will monitor and support the evaluation of the hospital- based infection prevention and control program that is consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions recommendations, TJC Standards, DNV, OSHA and DOH regulations and current published literature in the field of Hospital Epidemiology.
The Infection Control Program Manager will responsible for the administration of the IC surveillance program for the entire network of infection control programs and will provide development, oversight and consultative services to all areas, both clinical and non-clinical.
Assists the IC Program Director, Executive Directors of Patient Safety as well Quality and Regulatory Affairs and the Chief Medical Officer with the implementation of the System-wide Quality and Safety Plan consistent with board approved plans and regulatory and standard setting agencies.
- Two to Five years experience in hospital infection control program.
- Graduate of an accredited Baccalaureate nursing or medical technology program, Master of Science in Epidemiology and/or Public Health, or a Master of Science in Nursing or Medical Technology.
- Current Certification Board for Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC) required
- Knowledgeable in fields related to infection control, microbiology, patient care practices, clinical infectious diseases, pathology, medical statistics or biostatics, epidemiology and adult education principles.
- Experience in Information Technology as applied to Infection Control or Public Health, with a working knowledge of and ability to use online services for research, i.e., rL Solutions IMPRO, NHSN, Sentri 7, etc.
- Knowledge of performance improvement monitoring and development of performance improvement indicators.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral and presentation skills, including knowledge and experience in grant writing.
- Demonstrated assertiveness, conflict resolution, negotiation and collaboration skills and customer focused interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and leading full-continuum, multi-hospital Infection Prevention and Control Programs.
- Must be able to travel to other Steward entities as needed for extended period of times in some cases.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 17077