Program Director, Infection Control
The Infection Control Program Director is responsible for managing and supervising all activities related to the prevention, control, documentation and reporting of nosocomial acquired infections and communicable diseases throughout all Steward Health Care West facilities and services. These responsibilities include setting standards and evaluating compliance for practices that are associated with the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections. The Infection Control Program Director is responsible for designing, leading and maintaining a hospital -based infection prevention and control program that is consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions recommendations, TJC/DNV Standards, OSHA and DPH regulations and current published literature in the field of Hospital Epidemiology.
The Infection Control Program Director will provide consultative services to all areas, both clinical and non-clinical.
Assists the VP Risk/Patient Safety and the Chief Medical Officer with the implementation of the System-wide Quality and Safety Plan consistent with board approved plans and regulatory and standard setting agencies.
Primary responsibilities include management of SENTRI 7 Surveillance program, validation of infections, performance improvement and submission to NHSN.
- Five to ten years experience in hospital infection control program.
- Graduate of an accredited Baccalaureate nursing program Master of Science in Epidemiology and/or Public Health, or a Masters of Science in Nursing or Medical Technology.
- Certification Board for Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC) required
- Knowledgeable in fields related to infection control, microbiology, patient care practices, clinical infectious diseases, pathology, medical statistics or biostatics, epidemiology and adult education principles.
- Experience in Information Technology as applied to Infection Control or Public Health, with a working knowledge of and ability to use online services for research, i.e., rL Solutions Sentri 7, MedMined, NHSN, etc.
- Knowledge of performance improvement monitoring and development of performance improvement indicators.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral and presentation skills, including knowledge and experience in grant writing.
- Demonstrated assertiveness, conflict resolution, negotiation and collaboration skills and customer focused interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and leading full-continuum, multi-hospital Infection Prevention and Control Programs.
- Travel to other Steward Hospitals is expected
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17076