Prior Authorization Coordinator
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Prior Authorization Coordinator for our Infusion Room and Rheumatology and Oncology practices.
The successful candidate will:
- Utilize your knowledge of insurances, pre-certification and referral procedures in support of patients with infusion needs
- Responsible for the integrity of scheduling and prior authorization processes for outpatient infusion services
- Confirms patient eligibility with insurance carriers and third party payers; obtains pre-authorization requirements in accordance with established policies
- Coordinates and ensures appropriate pharmaceutical authorizations and deliveries of medications
- Notifies and coordinates with ordering physicians and providers when peer-to-peer discussions are required; obtains information to resolve billing issues and authorization denials
- Works with vendors for patient assistance program and arranges vendor presence for physician support
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years verifiable experience with referral, prior authorization, insurance and related functions in a health care setting
- Solid working knowledge of third-party billing and medical terminology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high level of organizational skills; self-motivated; strong problem solving skills; the ability to exercise independent judgment based upon established policies, protocols, or practices
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.