Prior Authorization Coordinator
Authorization Specialists work with patients to obtain proper insurance authorization for surgical procedures and ensure that their needs and expectations are met.
- Meets individually with all patients to determine insurance benefits
- Reviews criteria required for pre-authorization of surgery
- Collects and submits all required information to insurance carriers and follow-ups to ensure receipt and approval
- Schedules surgeries and pre-op appointments with patients and follows patient until all accounts receivables are in for surgery
- Serves as a resource to patients and their families who are receiving care as part of the treatment plan
- Assists with front and back-office duties as required
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- One or more years insurance pre-authorization experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Flex
- 401K with company match program
- Life insurance and Disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, and no weekends
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
ABOUT STEWARD HEALTH CARE SYSTEM:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.