About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
- Drafting physician agreements, amendments and LOI’s for East, Central and West, which includes follow up with Directors for clarification on PARF’s and obtaining missing information vital to agreement completion
- Ensure required agreement approvals are in place - approved BP, approved PARF, etc.
- Ensure that fully executed agreements are returned to Directors to send to providers
- Assist with running, cleaning up and distributing bi-weekly agreements reports for Senior Leadership and Directors
- Coordinating with On-boarding/Human Resources Department to ensure that on-boarding is aware of all providers in the agreement process that require onboarding to initiate
- Coverage for Director time off which would include coordination with legal in regard to agreement redlines, revisions and more complicated agreement requests
- Review and revise agreements drafted by department Coordinator as needed
Payroll/Change Notices/New Hire Memo’s
- Draft and update as needed new process documents
- Research and resolve the high volume of Physician payroll issues sent to us by the SMG Payroll department or Practice Directors
- QC New Hire Memo’s drafted by Dept Coordinator to ensure salary, FTE, accrual codes, title for Admin roles, etc. are correct before being sent to HRIS for entry into Kronos
- Review all “signed agreements” to ensure that Dept Coordinator is tracking and processing salary changes included in employment agreements and amendments and to ensure that Dept Coordinator is sending all Agreements that include specialized Deferred Comp language to Human Resources
- Work with Human Resources on the creation of new accrual codes as needed for groups such as Anesthesiology and new job titles as needed for new Admin roles
- Review, revise and approve all Change Notices for East, Central and West submitted by department coordinator which includes reviewing contract language and working with Director on questions as needed
- Work with payroll and Directors to schedule “withhold” payments to be deducted from Physician pay checks on a schedule mutually agreeable to physician and SMG
- Obtain retro payments from payroll that are over 10k, send to Dept Coordinator to track in Salesforce, send to finance to add to cash flow and schedule a payment date
- Process miscelleaneous.payments as needed
Bonus Payments through Payroll (sign on- commencement- retention, etc.)
- Draft and update as needed Bonus Process Documents for department
- Review “signed agreements” to confirm that no bonus payments were missed by Dept Coordinator
- Review and revise Salesforce bonus entry for East, Central and West completed by Dept Coordinator and add pay dates as applicable based on the varying payroll schedules by state
- Track in Outlook the required “due dates” for bonus template submittal to finance which varies by state
- Run Salesforce bonus reports and submit bonus templates to finance in a timely manner
- Send Monthly bonus report to Finance and Accounting
- Ensure that all required information is included in bonus templates sent to finance- correct cost center- correct department name, Kronos ID, etc.
- Track payment and submittal dates in Salesforce once payments are initiated
- Send biweekly email (or more frequent if needed) to Finance to add bonuses to 30-45 cash flow
- When receiving short notice for bonuses and retros that need to be paid ASAP, review current bonus schedule to determine which bonuses can be moved to a new pay date to allow for bonus to be paid based on what is currently approved in the cash flow
- Work with Dept Coordinator to ensure that all providers receiving a sign on bonus are added to Kronos as a per diem employee prior to their commencement date
- Ensure that no duplicate payment requests are being sent to payroll directly from markets
Manage Department Coordinator
- Review Executed Agreements Checklists and Termination Checklists weekly to ensure all action items are completed
- Weekly one to one meetings with Dept coordinator
- Answer questions and assist with problem resolutions
- Ongoing training as needed
- Quality check work
- Continue to work with Dept Coordinator and finance on a new cost center request process and the resulting process document
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff.
- The ability to multitask, plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Must be a highly motivated candidate with the ability to work independently and in a highly fluid environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Five (5) plus years of related healthcare experience.
- Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, and demonstrated ability to conduct Internet researches in an efficient, productive manner.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.