Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Practice Operations to support staff and providers in our busy Vascular, Neurology, Gastroenterology practices and oversee the Coumadin Clinic.
We provide a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of peers, employees and leaders who are driven to provide excellent patient care.
Reporting to the Director, Clinical Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Practice operations including staffing, planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the staff in cooperation with local and corporate management
- Day to day leadership by planning, developing, and organizing all departments, and by implementing, evaluating, and directing the activities of the staff; assisting staff in planning and conducting ongoing training programs to assure that current material and programs are continuously provided
- Preparing and monitoring the annual operating budget, making recommendations and implementing adjustments to ensure revenue and expense goals are met
- Managing key services, interfacing with physicians, nurse practitioners, and other managers to ensure smooth coordination of scheduling and maximization of schedule adherence; providing input on local conditions, identifying needs on real-time staffing increases or decreases. Approving schedules and work with other managers to communicate and fill schedules and handle exceptions.
- Serves on and/or chairs various committees of the facility and provides written/oral reports as directed or as necessary. Evaluates and implements recommendations from a variety of committees and unit teams.
- RN or LPN license is required, with graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Bachelors degree in nursing, health care administration or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years previous medical practice experience, 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff.
- Proven leadership experience; ability to develop and motivate a team; working knowledge of healthcare industry.
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.