This position is responsible for all operational aspects of a physician practice. Qualified candidate will be responsible for the duties to include: staffing, patient relations, liaison with the central billing office, office planning, computer systems and protocol, establishing standards for office operations and procedures, equipment and supply ordering and accounts payable and more.
• Supervises all non-physician staff at the office.
• Responsible for hiring, disciplinary action, and evaluations of employment for all non-physician staff.
• Responsible for operating budget for the office, including planning, controlling costs and maximizing revenue.
• Responsible for coordinating all information, service statistics, billing data and other financial data with the central billing office.
• Manages staffing to ensure appropriate coverage at all times, hires staff as necessary and coordinates scheduling.
• Designs and manages scheduling systems with physician approval to maximize patient satisfaction and office efficiency.
• Determines office hours and staffing policies in conjunction with physician input.
• Assists off-site billing operations by developing and managing systems which ensure retrieval and maintenance of appropriate information on site, maintain appropriate records and transfer information needed to the central billing office.
• Provide information and assistance to patients to ensure effective patient relations.
• Responsible for maintaining the facility including managing any repairs or remodeling, service contracts on equipment and the inventory of all capital equipment.
• Responsible for communicating operational and financial status as needed and is the liaison with the central billing office.
• Responsible for designing systems and managing the daily function transactions of the office.
• Prepares documents for billing physician encounters, enters data, ensures that referrals are received, performs referral management, etc. Ensures that physician billing is accurately entered into the IDX system.
• Type correspondence, forms and other documents as requested. Enters information into the computer system. Transcribes dictation of a highly confidential nature.
• Associates degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• Two to five years experience with financial management, operations and staff supervision in a private physician's office or other health care setting required.
• Medical terminology required.
• Excellent computer skills including familiarity with MS Office Suite
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and telephone skills required.
• In-depth knowledge of private practice office systems, including but not limited to insurance systems, policies and procedures as they impact on the practice, patient flow, patient relations, staffing, budget and financial reporting, billing systems and medical practice operations. Knowledge of insurance coverage systems, including but not limited to co-payments, referrals, PPO and capitated products preferred.
• Experience with organization of medical charts preferred.
• Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively.
• Strong orientation to patient care.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 45992