Steward Health Care Systems
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The Orthopedic Practice Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management of operations at clinic sites. Supervises and/or coordinates the functions related to an excellent patient experience through the following; front desk staffing and training, business transactions, medical records management, clinical support services, compliance and safety. Works collaboratively with clinic medical staff and with system wide administrative as needed. The Practice Manager is committed to creating a culture of compassion, integrity, innovating thinking and leadership excellence.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coordination for general clinic operations
- Manages internal and outreach services of the clinic
- Develops and maintains clinic budget
- Responsible for plan and execution of clinic financial goals to maintain performance metrics
- Organizes the work processes and work units to promote efficient flow
- Monitors workload and systems, coordinating resources to optimize operational efficiencies and patient satisfaction
- Collaborates with Director and professional staff to develop operating expense, FTE, and capital budgets
- Coordinates purchases of office, medical-surgical, pharmaceutical, laboratory, and x-ray supplies, manages inventories for each, and approves invoices for payments
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of regulations and standards specific to the clinic(s), including Medicare service and billing regulations
- Coordinates the development of physician and midlevel clinic schedules and coordinates and communicates initial and revised schedules as appropriate
- Monitors flexible benefits expenditures to stay within contract allowances
- Assures that initial and subsequent physician/midlevel third party payer Credentialing is completed within required time frames
- Works collaboratively with clinic division coding and billing specialists and central business office to assure timely and accurate capture of charges for services provided, prompt response to claim rejections, and compliance with all reimbursement procedures
- Communicates and supports policies and procedures appropriate for clinic
- Conducts applicant interviews and effectively recommends appropriate personnel for clinic positions
- Provides for initial orientation and ongoing training of personnel in proper work performance
- Plans, schedules, and assigns work in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Achieves and maintains targeted staffing, quality and service standards
- Regularly evaluates employee performance according to policy, and provides direction for growth and motivation in the time period required
- Conducts or recommends progressive discipline and discharge proceedings when necessary
- Partners with Human Resources Representative on performance and employee relations issues
- Counsel's employees in resolving performance related problems
- Functions as a resource, teaching and collaborating with staff on a continuous basis
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Five years or more management experience, preferably in healthcare, or equivalent education and experience
- Two years or more experience managing an Orthopedic Clinic, to include working with Physicians as a first point of contact
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business, management, or related field
- One or more years’ experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.