Practice Manager, Bariatric and General Surgery
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the direction of the Director, Practice Management and the Surgical Director of the Steward Centers for Weight Control, the Bariatric Surgery Program Manager is responsible for administering all aspects of the Steward Medical Group Bariatric Program.
- Ensuring high quality patient experience.
- Management and supervision of clinic staff
- Creating an efficient and productive environment for patient care across each CWC location through staff development, operational process improvement, and onsite management.
- Ensuring smooth and responsive business operations related to revenue cycle, surgical authorizations, phone management, information technology, and patient appointment scheduling.
- Supporting Surgeons, Advanced Practitioners, Dieticians and support staff in addressing operational problems or issues.
- Collaborating with Surgical Director on business development and growth strategies.
- Managing and developing relationship with key constituencies including internal and external partners to improve operations and develop business.
- Participating in regular review of services to ensure compliance with MBSAQUIP standards.
- BS in Management, Healthcare or Administration required. Equivalent physician practice management experience will be considered.
- Five to seven years of healthcare management experience, preferably in a large group practice. Private practice experience desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and management skills required.
- Extensive knowledge of private physicians’ office operations, budgeting and financial reporting, medical billing operations and systems required.
- Management skills required.
- Ability to manage the financial and operations aspects of multiple specialty care sites.
- Experience with IDX and eCW system preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, Internet.
- Capacities to analyze, think creatively, weigh alternatives and act decisively.