Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 2/10/2020
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the direction of the Director of Practice Optimization and Training, the Practice Applications Trainer provides end user training on all electronic applications (includes electronic health records as well as other electronic systems that affect the ambulatory medical practices)offered by Steward Health Care. He/she will work with providers and office staff located throughout Steward Medical Group (nationally) and is proficient in the electronic applications used by inpatient and ambulatory practices. The Practice Applications Trainer conducts end user training sessions and workflow assessments; provides on-site and remote Go-LIVE support based on Steward Medical Group operational and clinical best practices.
Responsible for training providers and office staff on all practice EHR functionality, before, during and after system Go-LIVE
* Successfully attains "Certified Steward EHR Trainer" status as deemed by SMG Optimization Training Team
* Successfully maintains annual competencies as required by the SMG Optimization Training Team on an annual basis
* Advises and demonstrates best practices for entering data into the EHR in accordance with Meaningful Use, MACRA/MIPS Quality initiatives, SMG Policies & Procedures, and Hospital Policies and Procedures.
* Maintains EHR training documentation utilizing written training agendas and sign-off sheets for all trainings
* Works with Training Management to ensure that training requests are being responded to/scheduled in a timely manner for trainings coming through the SMG Training Distribution list
* Establishes effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of Steward personnel; promotes an atmosphere that encourages enthusiasm and user participation in the EHR systems; creates a positive environment for reporting application and/or system deficiencies and suggestions for system improvements and enhanced functionality; acts as the liaison between end users, SMG, and the Steward IT Teams
* Contributes to system improvement efforts through process analysis and workflow redesign; advocates for process change with an understanding of problems and solutions as they relate to current and future Steward business and clinical initiatives
* Provide monthly training reports for tracking and performance
* Participates in the identification of application problems and suggests resolutions; able to identify potential delays/roadblocks and escalates to management
* Supports key Training team deliverables and is able to work within defined project plan timelines
* Maintains the confidentiality of all patient related information; ensuring the security and confidentiality of systems data; and abiding by all SMG policies and procedures
Support the training efforts related to Athenahealth, Meditech and other software applications, and continuing education training across the medical group.
* Other duties as assigned.