The Physician Assistant (PA) will provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician. The PA is committed to the highest standards of patient care while contributing to an environment that promotes innovating thinking and leadership excellence.
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition
- Order and interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal
- Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination in the EMR system
- Complete required documentation and written follow up
- Make diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients
- Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests
- Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management
- Instruct and counsel patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries
- Completes assigned training and education
- Current Physician Assistant license in the State of Arizona
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.