Physician Asst General Surgery
Your role as Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in General Surgery is primarily responsible for supporting ambulatory and/or outpatient surgical services. You will play a pivotal role on this service with first assisting in the OR, and involvement in all aspects of post-operative care, including inpatient management.
- Perform appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- Provides patient services in the General Surgery clinic under direct supervision and responsibility of Physician.
- Performs comprehensive physical examination, and compile patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Assist with surgical procedures in operating room; perform minor procedures in the unit; conduct daily hospital rounds; evaluate post-operative patients; handle discharge planning for patients on service.
- Facilitate patient referral to the appropriate physician or agency, and conduct follow-up visits with patients.
- Return phone calls from patients, handling prescription refills and EMR management support.
- Current Physician Assistant license or Advanced Practice Nursing license in the State of Utah
- Ability to take call as needed
- COVID vaccination or valid exemption
- Health insurance with option for $0 copay and $0 deductible
- Dental, Vision, Disability
- 401k with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.