The Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery is seeking a per diem, licensed Physician Assistant with a minimum two to five years of experience. Preference will be given to Physician Assistants with cardiac surgery experience. Responsibilities include first assisting in the operating room, rounding on patients in the ICU, and performing hospital consults. The Physician Assistant must possess a strong work ethic, be a team player, and have a passion for cardiac surgery.
- Perform first assisting on open and minimally invasive CABG, valve, and aortic surgeries
- Perform endoscopic vein harvesting
- Perform detailed admission histories and physical exams on elective & urgent admissions as well as emergency room admissions.
- Perform the daily examination of patients in the SICU and the surgical floor.
- See patients for pre admission surgical testing
- See cardiac surgery consults and report to the appropriate attending.
- Formulate and document patient assessment and care plans in progress notes
- Confer with the appropriate Cardiac Surgery Attending, with cardiology, and/or any ancillary service concerning issues discovered during daily examination of patients that could potentially affect the patient's hospital course.
- Arrange for any studies or procedures that are required, follow up and report results to the attending.
- Update the patient and family concerning the hospital course as necessary.
- Dictate discharge summaries and write prescriptions for patients being discharged.
- Write discharge instructions
- Current Massachusetts Board of Registration Physician Assistant License
- Current Federal DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance registrations
- Graduate of NCCPA approved Physician Assistant Program
- NCCPA Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Two to five years PA experience required, Cardiac Surgery experience preferred
- BLS Certified
- ACLS Certified
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.