The Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery is seeking a per diem, licensed Physician Assistant with a minimum two to five years of experience. Preference will be given to Physician Assistants with cardiac surgery experience. Responsibilities include first assisting in the operating room, rounding on patients in the ICU, and performing hospital consults. The Physician Assistant must possess a strong work ethic, be a team player, and have a passion for cardiac surgery.
- Perform first assisting on open and minimally invasive CABG, valve, and aortic surgeries
- Perform endoscopic vein harvesting
- Perform detailed admission histories and physical exams on elective & urgent admissions as well as emergency room admissions.
- Perform the daily examination of patients in the SICU and the surgical floor.
- See patients for pre admission surgical testing
- See cardiac surgery consults and report to the appropriate attending.
- Formulate and document patient assessment and care plans in progress notes
- Confer with the appropriate Cardiac Surgery Attending, with cardiology, and/or any ancillary service concerning issues discovered during daily examination of patients that could potentially affect the patient's hospital course.
- Arrange for any studies or procedures that are required, follow up and report results to the attending.
- Update the patient and family concerning the hospital course as necessary.
- Dictate discharge summaries and write prescriptions for patients being discharged.
- Write discharge instructions
- Current Massachusetts Board of Registration Physician Assistant License
- Current Federal DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance registrations
- Graduate of NCCPA approved Physician Assistant Program
- NCCPA Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Two to five years PA experience required, Cardiac Surgery experience preferred
- BLS Certified
- ACLS Certified
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.