Steward Medical Group is currently seeking an enthusiastic Physician Assistant to join its Orthopedic Department. The position would be based at Nashoba Valley Medical Center located in Ayer, MA. The position would be responsible for triage, management and referral on non-emergent orthopedics conditions. Position will be responsible for treating common recreational injuries, sprain and strains. Under the general direction of the Orthopedics surgeons clinician will appropriately manage and refer patient as appropriate to specialist.
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with supervising physician and other health professionals
• Clearly communicate with patients and their families
• Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
• Identify and assess problems while interviewing and examining patients
• Order and interpret lab and imaging studies, prescribe medications, complete paperwork, and formulate treatment plans in collaboration with supervising physician
• Works in a collaborative fashion along with supervising physician to manage patient care
• Perform Basic and Advanced Life Support measures as necessary
• Perform similar and related duties as requested by supervising physician
• Participate in data collection and research as directed
• Reports immediately to supervising physician any deviation of normal operations
• Participates in Hospital Incident Reporting System and other risk management activities
• Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures
• Other duties may include assisting with other services (i.e. General Surgery, Urology or Neurosurgery) upon request.
• Prior experience preferred, especially in orthopedics, emergency department or urgent care
• Prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred
• Current BLS and ACLS certification
• Massachusetts license to practice as a Physician Assistant
• DEA/Massachusetts Control Substance licensure
• Graduation from an AMA accredited Physician Assistant Program
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.