Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
This position is responsible for providing physician assistant services for a Gastroenterology office-based practice in Norwood, MA. The primary responsibilities of the physician assistant include assessing, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating the care of the gastroenterology patient.
- Physical assessment on all booked and add-on patients.
- Consult with the supervising physician regarding physical findings and course of treatment
- Order appropriate medications as determined by you and the supervising physician.
- Order diagnostic tests as determined for the patient.
- In collaboration with the Supervising Physician, communicates the plan of care with all referring providers, MD of record, as well as the patient and her family.
- The PA shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of all Steward Medical Group and patient related information.
- The PA shall abide by all Steward Medical Group policies & procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- The PA will perform detailed histories and physical exams, review patients’ medical records, order laboratories studies, radiological and diagnostic studies appropriate to patient's complaint, age, sex, race and physical condition.
- Participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds, record appropriate and accurate daily progress notes.
- The PA will provide patients and families with pertinent education.
- They will answer questions regarding procedures.
- The PA will arrange for hospital admission and discharge at the direction of the supervising physician.
- Performs detailed History and Physical on all patients that are admitted to the department. Perform initial evaluation and consultations in the hospital or from the emergency department.
- Writes orders pertaining to admissions, discharges, and transfers. These will include orders for laboratory and diagnostic testing, diet, medications, blood bank and requests for consultations.
- Reviews results from diagnostic testing and evaluations from consultants to establish a management plan. Report to the attending physician.
- Initiate BLS until code team arrives.
- Help with call coverage (first call) if requested.
- Completion of a certified PA Program
- Must be licensed in the state of Massachusetts
- Must be able to work independently and to coordinate patient care with attendings, referring physicians, fellows, medical house staff, other PA and health professionals.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.