Physician Assistant, PD
• Perform medical consults on all new admissions within twenty four hours.
• Daily physical assessment and daily rounding on all patients.
• Respond to nursing staff concerning medical issues.
• Consult with the supervising physician regarding physical findings and course of treatment.
• Order appropriate medications per his/her expertise as determined by the supervising physician or designee.
• Order simple diagnostic tests per his/her level of expertise as determined by the supervising physician or designee.
• Initiate consultations to other services, authorized by the supervising physician or designee.
• Respond appropriately during unexpected events, codes, medical emergencies (i.e., seizures). Defibrillation can be done provided there is documentation of annual training (ACLS Certification).
• Evaluate specific minor illness and injury of patients as defined by approved medical protocols.
• Order safety restraints, when appropriate.
• Collaborate with health care professionals in the planning, implementation and coordination of health teaching and counseling of the patient, family or patient representative. Document patient level of understanding.
• Responsible for providing on-call coverage via telephone as needed
• The NP will report on and off duty as scheduled. The NP will report patient status changes, progress, and issues to the treating attending of record and to referring physicians as required and maintain communication as needed to meet patient and services needs.
• In collaboration with the Supervising Physician, the NP communicates the plan of care with all referring providers, MD of record, as well as the patient and her family.
• May also be responsible for coordination with other clinical staff, nurses, other physicians involved in the care of patients.
• The NP shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of all Steward Medical Group and patient related information.
• The NP shall abide by all Steward Medical Group policies & procedures.
• Comply with all OMH regulatory equipment.
• Graduation from and accredited NP program
• Current Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification
• Two years’ experience as an Affiliate Practitioner preferred
• Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner is required
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate clinical expertise for functioning in an independent role
• Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills for working with patients, families, and other staff
• Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians and other health care professionals and support staff
• Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate initiative in addressing responsibilities of the position
• Ability to complete forms and other paperwork appropriately in a timely manner
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah