Physician Assistant Ortho Surg
Your role as Physician Assistant Ortho Surg is primarily responsible for supporting ambulatory and/or outpatient surgical services. You will play a pivotal role on this service with first assisting in the OR, and involvement in all aspects of post-operative care, including inpatient management.
- Perform appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- Provides patient services in the orthopedic clinic under direct supervision and responsibility of Physician and or Department Chair.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as aspiration and injections of joints, bursas and cysts. Apply casts, braces and other orthopedic appliances.
- Performs comprehensive physical examination, and compile patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Assist with surgical procedures in operating room; perform minor procedures on the unit; conduct daily hospital rounds; evaluate post-operative patients; handle discharge planning for patients on service.
- Facilitate patient referral to the appropriate physician or agency, and conduct follow-up visits on patients.
- Return phone calls from patients, handling prescription refills and EMR management support.
- Current Physician Assistant license in the State of Utah
- Ability to take call as needed
- COVID vaccination or valid exemption
- Health insurance with option for $0 copay and $0 deductible
- Dental, Vision, Disability
- 401k with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.