- Perform medical consults on all new admissions within twenty-four hours.
- Daily physical assessment and daily rounding on all patients.
- Compensation will be a base salary + wRVU bonus
- Respond to nursing staff concerning medical issues.
- Consult with the supervising physician regarding physical findings and course of treatment.
- Order appropriate medications per his/her expertise as determined by the supervising physician or designee.
- Order simple diagnostic tests per his/her level of expertise as determined by the supervising physician or designee.
- Initiate consultations to other services, authorized by the supervising physician or designee.
- Respond appropriately during unexpected events, codes, medical emergencies (i.e., seizures). Defibrillation can be done provided there is documentation of annual training (ACLS Certification).
- Evaluate specific minor illness and injury of patients as defined by approved medical protocols.
- Collaborate with health care professionals in the planning, implementation and coordination of health teaching and counseling of the patient, family or patient representative. Document patient level of understanding.
- Responsible for providing on-call coverage via telephone as needed
- The PA/NP will report on and off duty as scheduled. The PA/NP will report patient status changes, progress, and issues to the treating attending of record and to referring physicians as required and maintain communication as needed to meet patient and services needs.
- In collaboration with the Supervising Physician, the PA/NP communicates the plan of care with all referring providers, MD of record, as well as the patient and her family.
- May also be responsible for coordination with other clinical staff, nurses, other physicians involved in the care of patients.
- Graduation from and accredited PA/NP program
- Experience with Pain Management desired
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Affiliate Practitioner preferred
- Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner is required
- Able to travel between locations for care
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills for working with patients, families, and other staff
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians and other health care professionals and support staff
- Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate initiative in addressing responsibilities of the position
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.