Physical Therapy Assistant
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Physical Therapy Assistant with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment.
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Carry out treatment plans as prescribed by physicians and developed by physical therapists.
- Operate therapeutic equipment and devices including crutches, walkers, exercise apparatus, canes, iontophoresis, electrical stimulators, istodex, traction and heat/cold modalities.
- Document care and other patient information for medical record including history, treatment, consultations.
- Comply with department policies/procedures and regulations related to infection control, safety, quality improvement.
- Assist with exam/exercise room cleanliness, equipment maintenance, supply inventorying/stocking.
- Perform all other duties as directed.
EDUCATION: High school diploma, Associates Degree as a Physical Therapy Assistant. Successful completion of accredited Physical Therapy Assistant curriculum, and current state PTA license; CPR certification required. Minimum of one year experience, preferably in clinic setting. Successful completion of clinical affiliations.
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 124848