The Boston Sports Performance Center is a premier sports medicine, sports physical therapy and sports performance center serving the MetroWest and Greater Boston Area. The center’s team of elite performance coaches, sports physical therapists, and athletic trainers work alongside highly skilled orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine physicians from the region. This collaboration allows us to provide a high-performance model to the general public.
We are seeking a skilled and knowledgeable sports orthopedic physical therapist to join our interdisciplinary team. The successful candidate will provide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions in athletes and active individuals. The sports orthopedic physical therapist will develop and implement individualized treatment plans to help patients recover from injuries, improve their physical performance, and prevent future injuries. The therapist will work closely with physicians, athletic trainers, performance coaches and other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care to patients.
- Conduct initial evaluations of patients and develop individualized treatment plans based on assessment findings and patient goals.
- Use a variety of therapeutic techniques, such as manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, modalities, and functional training, to treat musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
- Monitor patient’s progress and adjust treatment plans as needed to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Educate patients on injury prevention, self-care strategies, and safe return to activity/sport.
- Collaborate with physicians, athletic trainers, coaches, and other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care to patients.
- Document patient progress while adapting treatment plans accordingly in electronic medical records.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities to stay current with the latest advancements in orthopedic and sports physical therapy.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
- Current state licensure as a physical therapist.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in orthopedic sports physical therapy.
- Strong knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy, biomechanics, and pathophysiology.
- Experience in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions in athletes and active individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 126287