Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Phlebotomist to assist our providers in the treatment of patients. The successful candidate will:
- Have proper knowledge of phlebotomy techniques.
- Prepare equipment to efficiently collect blood products. Maintain adequate supplies.
- Perform venipuncture and capillary punctures on patients. Identify and label specimens correctly.
- Conduct waived laboratory tests on specimens.
- Assist donor before, during and after donation. Instruct patients on urine and stool collection procedures.
- Enter data into computer/EMR
- Clean/sterilize equipment, instruments and work area following safety, cleanliness and infection control procedures.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to accommodate on-call shift and weekend/holiday rotations.
- Ability to respond appropriately to instructions and to interact well with patients and staff.
- Ability to work independently.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Phlebotomy training course is required; certification preferred.
- 1 – 2 years phlebotomy experience preferred.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 127059