Performs a variety of functions related to accurate and safe collection and processing of laboratory specimens from patients of all ages. Follow the procedure manual and operates in accordance with the policies of Steward Medical Group
- Enter patient information and laboratory test orders into EMR
- Draw Patients and process all specimens in a timely manner and following laboratory procedures for sample acceptability
- Prepare specimen to be sent out; handling specimen according to laboratory protocols
- Maintain phlebotomy supplies for the phlebotomy area
- Follows established guidelines for resolving patient specimen problems. Document steps taken during the troubleshooting process
- Complies with established laboratory policies for universal precautions and safety procedures. When handling blood and/or bodily fluids, universal precaution procedures will be followed to minimize exposure to infectious diseases. Safety policies and procedures will be followed when using chemicals.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy certification required
- ASCP certification/eligible preferred
- Previous experience within a laboratory setting in a similar role preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate adequately with all laboratory clients
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.