Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Under the Direction and Supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the phlebotomist is responsible for performing venipunctures, collecting specimens, while assuring the integrity of the specimen and the specimen ID. The Phlebotomist may also be responsible for Data Entry and Processing.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Enter patient information and laboratory test orders into the Laboratory LIS, checking all patient demographic and Insurance information.
• Create and maintain Standing Orders, which expire after 6 months.
• Drawing patients and processing all specimens in a timely fashion following laboratory procedures for sample acceptability
• Check rack, matching requisition with specimens, following Specimen Acceptance, Rejection Policy
• Answer phone, looking up results as needed.
• Troubleshoot Reference Lab problems
• Keep area clean and stocked
• Help Phlebotomy and Data Entry when needed
• Help ready Biohazard boxes for pick up, make new boxes
• Check Daily temperature for Processing refrigerator
• Notify Laboratory Manager and/or Laboratory Director regarding specimen or test problems and any complaints
• Must have High School diploma or equivalent
• Phlebotomy Certificate preferred but not required
**This position is located in Beaumont, TX