Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Performs a variety of functions related to accurate and safe collection and processing of laboratory specimens from patients of all ages. Follow the procedure manual and operates in accordance with the policies of Steward Medical Group
• Enter patient information and laboratory test orders into MediTech
• Draw Patients and process all specimens in a timely manner and following laboratory procedures for sample acceptability
• Prepare specimen to be sent out; handling specimen according to laboratory protocols
• Maintain phlebotomy supplies for the phlebotomy area
• Follows established guidelines for resolving patient specimen problems. Documents steps taken during the troubleshooting process
• Complies with established laboratory policies for universal precautions and safety procedures. When handling blood and/or bodily fluids, universal precaution procedures will be followed to minimize exposure to infectious diseases. Safety policies and procedures will be followed when using chemicals.
• Ability to read, understand and follow written procedures
• Ability to communicate adequately with all laboratory clients
• Basic clerical/data entry skills preferred
• Client relations skills preferred
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience within a laboratory setting in a similar role preferred
• Phlebotomy certification preferred
• ASCP certification/eligible preferred
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
1. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
2. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
3. A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.